Be notified that application for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship will soon kick off. The Scholarship which is strictly for students in their Master’s programmes at Uppsala University is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas affected by conflict or natural disasters. Application from prospective international students starting a programme in autumn 2024 will be accepted between 10th and 22nd January 2024.
King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is highly competitive and is awarded to only about 2% of those who apply. It covers the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University. It does not cover living expenses.
Uppsala University in Sweden.
Citizens of the Citizens of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Mexico, Myanmar, Philippines, South Africa, Sudan, Ukraine and Yemen.
Eligible Programmes for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship
All Master’s programme courses offered at Uppsala University.
King Carl Gustaf Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University. The scholarship does not cover living expenses.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Mexico, Myanmar, Philippines, South Africa, Sudan, Ukraine or Yemen.
- Show why you are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University, as well as that you have the academic talent required.
- Have chosen a Master’s programme at Uppsala University as first priority (the programme which you have ranked the highest of the four programmes you can choose at University Admissions).
- Have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- Meet the entry requirements for the programme you applied to. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
How to apply for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship
- Before you can apply for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship, you must first apply for one of Uppsala University’s international Master’s programmes as your first priority at universityadmissions.se
- Upon submitting your application at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying for the scholarships.
- Ensure that you are eligible before submitting you application for admission.
For your scholarships application, provide the following information:
- your personal details
- the Master’s programme at Uppsala University that you applied for as your first priority
- the scholarship programme(s) you are applying to (which is King Carl Gustaf Scholarship)
- the application number that you got at universityadmissions.se
Kindly note that in the online scholarship application form, submission of any documents is not required except your motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship. The motivational letter should not exceed 350 words and should reflect the eligibility criteria of the scholarship programme.
23:59 CET (Central European Time) on Monday 22 January 2024.
Visit the official website for more information.