Uppsala University Global Scholarships are available each year for fee-paying international students applying for international Master’s programmes at the University. Applicants are to note that the scholarships are highly competitive and only awarded to about 2% of those who apply.
Application for the 2024/2025 edition of the Uppsala University Global Scholarships is open within 10–22 January 2024 for prospective international students from countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland. The scholarships are for students starting a programme in autumn 2024.
Uppsala University in Sweden.
Citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
Eligible Programmes for Uppsala University Global Scholarships
Master’s programmes in all courses offered at the university.
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for studies at the University. It does not cover living expenses.
Apply for more scholarships in Sweden.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Demonstrate academic talent and show interest in being in an educational environment.
- Have a Master’s programme offered at Uppsala University as your first priority (i.e the programme which you have ranked the highest of the four programmes you can choose at University Admissions).
- Have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- Meet the entry requirements for the Master’s programme you applied for. Note that the application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
How to apply for Uppsala University Global Scholarships
- Before you can apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships, you must first apply for one of Uppsala University’s international Master’s programmes as your first priority at universityadmissions.se
- Upon submitting your application at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying for the scholarships.
- Ensure that you are eligible before submitting you application for addmission.
- For your scholarships application, provide the following information:
- your personal details,
- the Master’s programme at Uppsala University that you applied for as your first priority,
- the scholarship programme(s) you are applying to,
- the application number that you got at universityadmissions.se.
Applicants are to note that in the online scholarship application form, submission of any documents is not required except that you must write a motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship. The motivational letter should not exceed 350 words and should reflect the eligibility criteria of the scholarship programme.
23:59 CET (Central European Time) on Monday 22 January 2024.
Visit the official website for more information and application.