Scotland’s Saltire Masters Scholarship is an incredible opportunity for students to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Selected scholars must be people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They must be potential leaders who have wide range of interests outside their studies coupled with a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
The Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, are offering to talented students who wish to study selected full-time Masters degree courses in Scottish universities.
As a Saltire Scholar, you will act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland.
All designated Scotland’s higher education institutions. They are:
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)
- Glasgow School of Art (GSA)
- Heriot-Watt University
- Open University
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
- University of the West of Scotland
Eligible Programmes for Scotland’s Saltire Masters Scholarship
Masters degree in Science, Technology, Creative Industries, Healthcare and Medical Sciences, or Renewable and Clean Energy offered at Scottish Universities. Distance learning courses are also eligible.
Students who are citizens of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA are eligible for this scholarship.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded for the 2022/23 academic session.
Each recipient is entitled to £8000, which is paid towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Students are to take care of any additional cost during the study period.
Eligibility criteria for Scotland’s Saltire Masters Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any of the eligible countries listed above.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be able to demonstrate that you can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Before you start your application for this scholarship, make sure you:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria listed above
- Get all the required documents ready
- Have prepared answers to the 6 essay questions offline with 150 word limit for each. The questions are:
- Why do you want to study in Scotland?
- What experience and skills do you have in communication (written and presentation skills)?
- What are your reasons for choosing your specific university and subject?
- What experience and skills do you have working with others?
- How do you think joining the international network of Saltire Scholars will help you to promote Scotland?
- How do you think joining the international network of Saltire Scholars will enhance your future career?
12 June 2022 at midnight BST.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.