Medical firms in Malaysia are looking for medical laboratory scientists who want to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives. Among the medical firms is Labcorp Drug Development whose belief is that with the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, every member of its team will be empowered to own a career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company that provides vital information to help doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, researchers, and patients make clear and confident decisions. Through their unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, they provide insights and accelerate innovations to improve health and lives. At Labcorp, you can join more than 75,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as the company transforms approaches to patient care.
Labcorp is proud to provide Employment Visa Sponsorships for all eligible applicants.
Responsibilities of a Medical Laboratory Scientist at Labcorp Drug Development
As a laboratory scientist at Labcorp, you will be responsible for:
- Determining the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Performing routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitoring, operating and troubleshooting instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrating the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Preparing, testing and evaluating new reagents or controls
- Reporting accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Performing and documenting preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identifying and replenishing test bench supplies as necessary
- Assisting with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintaining a safe work environment and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
To be eligible for this job, you must:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology. Or Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one-year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
- Meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Have previous Generalist experience including Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology and Urinalysis preferred
ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Have ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Be proficient with computers
- Be familiar with laboratory information systems
- Have high level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Be flexible to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Have proficiency in English language
- Visa sponsorship for selected applicants.
- Labcorp does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind against any of their employers.
- Labcorp does not allow discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, disability, genetic information, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Competitive salaries are also paid to Labcorp employees.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a job agency, and as such may not have any link with the job provider(s). Though we only advertise genuine and verified jobs, we urge interested persons to kindly visit the job official website or application link(s) for more information and application as Scholars Guide will not be liable for damages and or benefits incurred while applying for the Medical Laboratory Jobs in Malaysia.