This is an undergraduate scholarship offered to international students to study at the University of Melbourne. Applications are not required for this scholarship as qualified students will be automatically considered for the award. The University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships are offered to eligible candidates based on academic merit and ranking according to prior academic results.
Interestingly, the University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships can, if permitted, be deferred to the following calendar year. Therefore, if you receive permission to defer your course, your scholarship will be automatically deferred. However, you will be required to provide sufficient reasons to the effect that there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevented you from starting your course. The reason shall form your grounds for seeking a deferral.
Note that if your scholarship cannot be deferred and you do not start your course in the year for which the scholarship was offered, your scholarship will be withdrawn.
University of Melbourne, Australia.
Available Programmes for the University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships
All undergraduate study courses offered at University of Melbourne.
Citizens of any country other than Australia and New Zealand can apply.
Apply for other scholarships in Australia.
University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded for the whole period of study or as may be stated on the scholarship offer. If you are enrolled for part-time study, your scholarship payments will continue for up to the maximum duration of the scholarship. Your scholarship will not be extended as a result of your part-time enrolment.
This award covers either a:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- 50 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree
To be eligible for the University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia
- Have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australia
- Have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
- Have a secondary school result that places you in the top 3%, such as:
- GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects
- Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result at least 98%
- International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 42 (must be completed at a secondary school outside of Australia)
- US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with a SAT of at least 1500 or a ACT of at least 31
- Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%
- India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 95%
- Vietnam High School an overall Year 12 GPA 9.0 or above
There are no special application instructions for this scholarship as students are not required to apply for the scholarship. The rule is that qualified students will be automatically considered for this scholarship. Scholarship offers are usually sent on an ongoing basis while unsuccessful candidates will not be notified.
There is no application deadline for this scholarship. However, admissions deadline was 31 October 2022 for Semester 1, 2023 and 31 May 2023 for Semester 2, 2023. Therefore, as applications are not specially made for the scholarship, admission deadline is automatically the application deadline.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Though we only advertise genuine and verified scholarship opportunities, we urge interested persons to kindly visit the scholarship official website above for more information and application as Scholars Guide will not be liable for damages incurred and or responsible for benefits derived from applying for University of Melbourne Undergraduate Scholarships.