Applications for MTN Scholarship for Blind Students are now open. The scholarship is a yearly platform for recognizing and rewarding exceptional visually impaired students across Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions. The scholarship is among three scholarship categories established by MTN to cater to the diverse needs of dedicated Nigerian scholars.
The scholarship was established in 2010, and it is open to eligible 200 & 300 level Blind students studying any course in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
All Nigerian Public Tertiary Institution (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education).
Eligible Level and Field of Study
MTN Scholarship for Blind Students is available for 200 & 300 level blind students in any Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education). However, for blind students studying Law, which is a 5 years course, only 300 level students can apply for the MTN Scholarship.
Eligible Country for MTN Scholarship for Blind Students
Number of Scholarships
60 scholarships are to be awarded.
Successful students are awarded N200,000.00 annually till graduation, provided they maintain the required grades.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a Nigerian citizen
- Be visually impaired
- Be a student of any Nigerian Public Tertiary Institution (Universities, Polytechnics, or Colleges of Education)
- Be either 200 Level or 300 Level student (if you are studying Law which is 5 years)
- If you are a student of a public university or College of Education, have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 2.5
- If you are a student of a public Polytechnic, have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Program and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) Program
How to Apply for MTN Scholarship for Blind Students
- Visit the official website and click the “Apply for MTN Scholarships 2023” yellow button
- Select “MTN Scholarship for Blind Students”, accept the Terms and Conditions and click “Next”
- Select your gender and click “Next”
- Select your type of tertiary institution (either public or private) and click ‘Next”
- Select classification of your tertiary institution (between University, Polytechnic and College of Education) and click “Next”
- Select your current year of study and click “Next”
- Select your course of study and click “Next”
- State your current CGPA and click “Proceed to Form”
- Complete your application by providing your personal details and other credentials
- Only verifiable information is needed and your email(s) and phone number(s) must be active ones
- Remember to upload your recent passport photograph.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Though we only advertise genuine and verified scholarship opportunities, we urge interested persons to kindly visit the scholarship official website above for more information and application as Scholars Guide will not be liable for damages incurred and or responsible for benefits derived from applying for MTN Scholarship for Blind Students.