MasterCard scholarship in Canada: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in Canada empowers Indigenous youth through scholarships and holistic support. Partnering with universities, it covers tuition, and living expenses, and offers additional resources like mentorship and networking. Research partner institutions and their programs for specific eligibility and application details.
Explore other scholarship opportunities alongside this program to maximize your chances. Remember to start early, tailor applications, and seek guidance for a successful scholarship journey.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in Canada:
This prominent program focuses on supporting Indigenous youth in Canada as they pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees. It’s implemented through partnerships with universities and NGOs that manage the application process and select scholars.
- Applicants must be Indigenous Canadians and meet the age requirements (29 for undergrad, 35 for grad).
- Each partner institution has its additional eligibility criteria.
- Selection focuses on academic potential, demonstrated leadership, and commitment to giving back to Indigenous communities.
- Full tuition, fees, and living expenses are covered for the duration of your studies.
- Academic and social support services to help you succeed.
- Mentorship and networking opportunities to connect with leaders in your field.
- Post-graduation support to help you transition into your career.
How to Apply:
- You cannot apply directly to Mastercard. Instead, research partner universities and their programs that align with your interests and goals.
- Visit the websites of partner institutions like the University of British Columbia, McGill University, or Ryerson University to find specific application details and deadlines.
Beyond the Mastercard Foundation
While the Mastercard Foundation program is significant, it’s not the only option for scholarships in Canada. Here are some additional resources to explore:
- Government of Canada scholarships: [<invalid URL removed>]
- Universities Canada scholarships: [<invalid URL removed>]
- Indigenous-specific scholarships: [<invalid URL removed>]
- Start your research early. Scholarship deadlines vary, so give yourself ample time to prepare and apply.
- Tailor your applications to each program. Highlight your unique qualities and how you align with the scholarship’s goals.
- Seek help and guidance. Talk to advisors, mentors, or scholarship officers for support throughout the process.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in Canada presents a valuable opportunity for Indigenous youth to pursue higher education and contribute meaningfully to their communities. By providing comprehensive financial support, academic guidance, and leadership development, the program empowers scholars to break down barriers and achieve their full potential. Ultimately, the success of this program lies in its ability to cultivate a generation of Indigenous leaders who can drive positive change and create a more equitable future.