Applications for the 2023-24 academic year of the Gates Cambridge Scholarships are now open. The scholarships are among the world most prestigious international scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge, UK.
Students that have outstanding intellectual ability; concrete reasons for choice of course; commitment to improving the lives of others; and leadership potential are most likely to be selected for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships.
University of Cambridge, UK.
Nationals of any country outside the United Kingdom are eligible for the scholarships.
Eligible Courses for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or one year postgraduate courses in any subject offered at the University of Cambridge are eligible for the scholarship.
However, the following courses are not eligible for the scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- MASt courses (from September 2022)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Number of Scholarships
About 80 scholarships are awarded annually.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships cover the following:
- full cost of studying at the University of Cambridge including tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate);
- travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides additional; and
- other additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Eligibility Requirements for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
For you to apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Be applying to pursue one of the eligible courses listed above
Applications for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships are made online via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
For your application to be considered, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
Application for this scholarship is sectionalized into the admission and funding sections. You are required to provide the following:
- Gates Cambridge statement of not more than 3,000 characters explaining why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the eligibility requirements.
- If you are a PhD, a research proposal to submit a research proposal as part of your application for funding.
- Gates Cambridge reference setting out how they meet the scholarship’s criteria. You are required to arrange for someone to refer you.
Wednesday 12 October 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the Gates Cambridge Scholarships for Postgraduate Students and make your application.