Leadway Transport Ltd., a household name in haulage services in Canada is in need of qualified Long Haul Truck Drivers for urgent employment in the country. The Canadian Government has verified and approved the advertisement of this job vacancy in the country by the company. The Leadway Transport Ltd. is open for 24 hours and the employees are for permanent and full time engagements.
We advise qualified and experienced truck drivers to quickly take advantage of this advertisement and apply for the job. Kindly read below for all you need to know about this particular job.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Employment type: Permanent and full time
Work setting: Various locations
Salary: $27.00 per hour for 50 to 60 hours weekly
Type of trucking and equipment: Tractor-trailer
Transportation/travel experience: Long-haul
Own tools/equipment: Cellular phone
Working as a long haul truck driver at Leadway Transport Ltd. comes with the following responsibilities:
- Addressing customers’ complaints or concerns
- Obtaining special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Operating and driving straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Overseeing condition of vehicle and inspection of tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Performing brake adjustments
- Performing emergency roadside repairs
- Performing pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Receiving and relaying information to central dispatch
- Recording cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Required Documentation Knowledge
As a long haul truck driver, you must be capable of keeping the following records and documentations:
- Accident or incident reports
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Trans-border documentation
- Trip reports
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
You must be able to:
- Pay attention to detail
- Handle heavy loads
- Withstand large workload
- Handle repetitive tasks
- Stay overtime when required
- sit down for a long time
During your application, the following are to be provided:
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Who can apply?
Applications for this job are accepted from:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Holders of valid Canadian work permits.
Please do not apply if you are not authorized to work in Canada as the employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Applications are by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also apply for Truck Driver Jobs in UK for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship.